How to make a PHRAG House made Out of PHRAG Balers
- Collect as many phragmites as you can.
- Gather your materials to begin constructing the lever. (Adult supervision is advised)
- Use a wood piece that is 48.5 cm. long. Halfway on the wood, start drilling holes 1/2 inch apart till you reach the top
- On your other wood, create two holes about a foot apart towards the top of the wood. (this wood should be longer than the first one.)
- The last piece of wood is going to be the smallest. Make a hole at the top at least an inch away from the end.
- Connect the smallest piece to the biggest wood’s second hole using a metal rod.
- Then, use another rod to connect the biggest piece to the second hole. There are multiple hoes so you can adjust it.
- Place the metal wire on either sides of the rods they don't come out when compressing
- With rope, tie the 48.5 cm wood to a table and you should have lever!
- Using your zip ties, connect two to make a big one. Make two big ones and place them in the PVC pipe. They should be intersecting making an “x” at the bottom.
- Stuff phragmites in your pipe, and start compressing them.
- As you go along, make sure you keep adding phragmites until it is filled to the top.
- Take your zip ties from step ten and close them.
- Place the pipe sideways and as you pull the stack out, place zip ties around the circumference. I used three.
- You have made a tiny phragmite stack! Keep making more and when you have enough, you can create a model house.